I am an ordinary Mom, Daughter, Sister, Wife, and Friend. I enjoy exercising and doing all I can to feel good every day. My goal is to maintain a healthy lifestyle through the support and encouragement of others. I hope to motivate by taking some time to focus on ourselves and the things that keep us healthy and happy.

Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Lindy - The Start

I am a 32 year old wife & mother of two. I work full time, and spend most of my spare time camping, planning the next event, teaching our church's youth, raising kids and on the go. I have dropped to the bottom of my priority list, and would like to find a way to focus on my health while maintaining my busy life.

1) What do you think of the taste of the shake - honestly.  Today I tried the Fuzzy Navel recipe - almond milk, orange juice, frozen peaches, shake mix and ice. It is really good. My kids each tried it and loved it. Honestly, this is going to sound like a cheesy sales pitch line, but I keep feeling like I am cheating somehow. I was prepared to feel like I was deprived a bit by just having a shake for breakfast. Instead it feels like I am having a cupcake. It is hard for me to wrap my brain around the fact that this is good for me!
2) What date did you start the shake? What day are you on? 8/7. Day one, baby!
3) What is your goal for the first 30 days? I haven't set official goals yet. I would be thrilled to lose 5 lb per month.
4) What is your goal for 60 days? 10 lb
5) What is your goal for 90 days? 15 lb
6) You know that diet alone does not make you lose weight. What type of exercise are you willing to try? 2 days a week... 5 days?  I am interested in being more active, not necessarily one type of exercise. We just bought bikes, and I got a trailgator for towing my 5 year old's bike. I would love for our family to go out on family bike rides and be active together.
7) Are you full on the shake? I am only half way through my first shake right now. I'll have to report back later in the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment